6 Children Hospitalized in Florida After Eating Cannabis Candy

Tilted Brush Stroke
Curved Dotted Line

Six children were hospitalized in Florida after consuming cannabis-infused candy at a local Boys & Girls Club.

Eight children aged 6 to 8 ate the candies, leading to hospitalization of six. The incident took place in Broward County.

All children have been released and are returning to normal activities, according to Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County.

It is believed that one child brought the cannabis-infused candies into the club and shared them with others.

Edible cannabis products often resemble regular candies, making it challenging for children to differentiate them, says a toxicologist.

Cannabis edibles can lead to sleepiness, agitation, and more severe symptoms in children. Risks are higher with unregulated products.

Seeking medical help is crucial if a child consumes cannabis edibles. The degree of treatment depends on factors like dosage and age.

To prevent accidental consumption, store cannabis securely, and educate everyone at home about the difference between cannabis edibles and regular food.

In case of accidental consumption, contact Poison Control at 1-800-222-1222 for personalized medical guidance.

Ensuring a safe environment and educating children about the risks of cannabis products are essential for child safety.